Naked Turtle

To drop my shell for but a brief moment of the day

1.7.07

Change

Wow, I haven't posted here in almost a year. I missed a celebratory anniversary post in March. I think I recognized it in my lj though. I signed in today to discover that this now has to be linked with a gmail account. Another sign that google is taking over the world. So what has changed since my last post? I think my last entry was a survey which doesn't say much. Right now I'm interning at Disney for the second time. I'm extending into the fall. I'm not dating anyone at the moment, nor have I been actively looking either. Besides photopass guy, there hasn't been anything very interesting guy-related. I have seven more classes left for my undergrad and I'm itching to get that degree. 4 classes, 1 internship, and 1 e-board position in the fall can't be that hard to handle. I saw a bunch of my friends graduate in the spring and I'd like to dive into those waters. Although when imagining myself graduating with them last semester, I really didn't think I was ready. All in good time. I am apparently graduating with so many people I know in the spring, that I won't be able to contain myself. I'm foreseeing a lot of celebrating in the future.

Bah, but that's the future. Here is now. It's the first day of July. HP5 the movie comes out in 10 days, the final book comes out in 20. Stacy's birthday is this month and so is seeing Blue Man Group. I still try to go to church every Sunday morning, though sometimes I find myself missing them because of something SWE-related or birthday plans. Darn Lexie for always having to work on Saturdays. Oh yeah, so my friend dynamic has changed a lot since August. People I've only known from a SWE conference became really close. I guess it's good that I got closer to younger folks so that I could have study buddies and grad buddies. It's weird to think that I'm one of the older ones of the group in school now. I'm that SWE vet that the new people might be intimidated by, I'm that kid doing the 5 year plan and is not ashamed, I'm the one who's been able to legally drink for more than a year. Weeeiiirrrd. But I welcome the change. I'm looking forward to it.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Sonja said...

Yay! A Post! I have been waiting Yeeearrrs for this! Okay, not quite. But it's been rather ages. A lot has changed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home